The most common form of e-games is the video game. E-games where electronics are used to create an interactive system whereby a player can play.
There are three other common forms of electronic games which include;
- Non-exclusively-visual products; these are the handheld electronic games.
- Standalone system; examples include the slot machines, pinball or arcade games.
- Specifically, non-visual products; audio games are the major example.
The slot is a casino gambling machine. It is played by pushing a button which makes the reels spin. It contains three or more reels.
Slot machines are also known as one-armed bandits. This is because the machine operated with one lever as opposed to a button on the front panel and also it has the ability to leave the gamer impoverished. The modern machines are still armed with a legacy lever in addition to the bottom.
A multi-armed bandit is a gambler who strategizes on operating multiple machines in order to draw the highest possible profits.
Slot machines also have a currency detector that validates the money inserted to play. The machine pays off based on patterns of symbols visible on the front of the machine when it stops.
Slot machines constitute about 70 percent of the average US casino’s income. These makes trusted slot machines the most popular gambling game in casinos.
The word “slot machine” came from the slots on the machine where coins are inserted and retrieved.
There is a designated slot on the machine where a person playing can either insert cash or in Ticket-In, Ticket-Out machines or even a paper ticket with a barcode. It is then activated by the use of a lever or button, or on newer machines, by pressing a touchscreen on its face. The game does not need skills one the part where the player is playing. It only needs skills when it’s a game of chance maybe when betting is involved.
Objective of the game
As many of the other gambling games played in the casino, the main objective of the game is to gain money from the machine.
The game usually involves matching symbols. The matching symbols can either be on mechanical reels which will spin and stop to reveal one or several symbols or the video screen shows the stimulated reels.
If a player matches a combination according to the rules of the game, the slot machine credits the player with cash or some other sort of value, such as extra games if the player will be able to match the combinations according to the rules of the game
Different kinds of gambling slot machines
- Video poker machines; Depending on the machine, players can play one, 100, or more hands at one time. The players are to obtain a set of symbols which corresponds to a winning poker hand.
- Video bingo machines; Depending on the machine, players are able to play one bingo card or more at a time. It is a machine where a player can play Latin or the American style bingo.
- Multi-line slot machines; these machines have more than one pay line which means that visible symbols which are not aligned on the main horizontal may be considered by winners combinations.
- Reel slot machines; have three or five pay lines. The only way to win the maximum jackpot is to play the maximum number of coins. Which are usually 3, sometimes 4, or even 5 coins per every spin? These machines have three or five pay lines
- Video slot machines; these machines have a themed game where some of the machines feature graphics and music based on popular entertainers or TV programs. They have 9, 15, 25, or as many 234 different pay lines.
Slot machines are fun to play but that fun comes with a price. E-games where electronics are used to create an interactive system, when you play the slots, luck and luck only decides who wins and who loses. Remember that gambling is all about taking risks with no guarantee of recovering whatever you lose.